The following services are subject to a fee
- Mailing of a user card: CHF 5.00
- Reminders per medium (reminder: CHF 0.00 / 1st + 2nd reminder: CHF 5.00 / 3rd reminder: CHF 10.00)
- Courier Central Switzerland region: free of charge
- SLSP courier: CHF 6.00 per medium
- Mailing of original document (A Mail): CHF 12.00
- Non-commercial digitisation order: per article or chapter and per 20 pages started: CHF 5.00 additional pages up to 20 pages: plus CHF 5.00
- commercial digitisation order: per article or chapter and per 20 pages started: CHF 25.00 further pages up to 20 pages: plus CHF 25.00
- Interlibrary loan of original documents
- from Switzerland, per document (volume): CHF 12.00
- from Europe: CHF 24.00 / United Kingdom and overseas: CHF 36.00
- Interlibrary loan digitisation request
- from Switzerland, per article and per 20 original pages: CHF 5.00
- from abroad: electronic delivery: CHF 8.00 / paper delivery CHF 10.50
- Interlibrary loan in general: additional procurement charges will be invoiced for extraordinary expenditure.
- Reproduction special collection: In general, the following rates apply to reproductions.
Please check the return dates for media you have borrowed and your address information (including e-mail) in your library account regularly. You can make changes to your personal details online in your SWITCH edu-ID account.
Once the loan period of an item has expired and/or the item has been reserved by another user you will receive a reminder via e-mail, which asks you to return the item. After receiving the reminder, please return the medium in question within one week.
Pleas note, that "notifications not received" will not be accepted as a reason for late returns, as the return date of an item can also be seen in your library account.
Reminder fees after the loan period has expired:
- Reminder: free of charge
(1st day after due date)
- First overdue notice: CHF 5 per Item
(one week after reminder)
- Second overdue notice: an additional CHF 5 per item
(one week after 1st overdue notice)
- Third overdue notice: an additional CHF 10 per item
(one week after 2nd overdue notice)
After the 3rd overdue notice, your account will be automatically blocked. The items will be consider lost after 14 days an can no longer be returned (with corresponding costs).
You can find more information about fees here.
Fees can be paid in cash at the information desk in the library where the fee is recorded.
If you do not wish to use this option, you will receive an invoice from SLSP one - two months after the fee has been recorded with all outstanding fees and can settle them in this way.
Please note that no loans will be possible if the outstanding fees exceed CHF 50.00.
In the last few months, you have obtained chargeable services on www.swisscovery.slsp.ch and may have received reminders, which you are now being billed for via SLSP. SLSP operates the swisscovery platform on behalf of 470 libraries in Switzerland and handles the invoicing on their behalf.
If you have questions about individual invoice items, please contact the library listed under the corresponding item on the invoice directly. Complaints will be accepted by the library responsible within 30 days of the invoice being sent.
The SLSP issues a collective invoice for fee-based services provided by the libraries affiliated to swisscovery. The invoice shows from which library the service in question was obtained. However, it is possible that individual services provided by libraries are not listed on the invoice because they are not part of swisscovery and/or are invoiced directly by the libraries.
When the invoice was created, the fees were removed from your user account, as you can now no longer pay them in cash on the spot.
Contact the library from which you borrowed the book as soon as possible. They will arrange for the replacement of the book and ensure that you do not receive a reminder for the book.
You will be charged a fee for the replacement.
It is best to report to the library that owns the book with the book. The staff will look at the copy and inform you about the next steps.