Here at Lucerne Open Press (LOP), we are committed to unrestricted access, open access publishing, and Lucerne. LOP is primarily geared toward members of the three Lucerne universities and authors from Central Switzerland. Documents are published electronically as open access and are covered by a Creative Commons license.
The LOP is still in its infancy. We currently offer the following services:
- Immediate publication of monographs or working paper series on LORY, including DOI allocation
- Installation and operation of the Open Journal System (OJS) software for the administration and publication of open access journals
- Advice on choosing a license
- ISSN and ISBN applications
- Support for open access journal applications to the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
For members of the three universities in Lucerne, there is a fixed fee of CHF 1,000 for the initial journal set-up and an annual hosting fee of CHF 2,000. Additional services are charged at cost.
For authors who are not members of one of the three universities in Lucerne, services are charged at cost.